Fruitcake is the best option for celebrating festivals and occasions with delicious food. A piece of cake with fruits, nuts, and other tasty ingredient brings joy in the hearts of those who love eating fruitcake on a regular basis at get together, birthday celebrations and parties. In this article, I’m going to tell you detail description about “How to Make Fruitcake”.
Fruitcake is the perfect version and combination of mixed nuts and grain. Healthy ingredients and perfect recipe increase its taste. Traditional Fruitcake recipe started from Rome and spread over all over Europe and world throughout ages.
1. Cuisinart CBK-110 Compact Automatic Bread Maker, Silver
The earlier form consists of pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, and raisins mixed with barley mash. The next form includes spices, honey, and preserved dried fruits. However, it kept on changing with lots of variation and tastes depending on preferences and occasions. No matter, how many variations of fruitcake are in the market, cake lovers till love tradition fruitcake recipe. You will appreciate the taste after your first attempt of baking a fruitcake. So let’s get ready for an awesome experience of baking and eating your own homemade traditional rich fruitcake. What steps should you follow when you ask yourself “How to make easy fruitcake recipe?”
People who are new to baking and cooking face many difficulties in baking a fruitcake, but the right ingredients with right quantity measured with baking tools can lead to awesome results. Use a pan that is 20 cm deep. It makes one feel that now it is an easy fruit cake with an easy recipe and delicious, nutrition filled, fresh ingredients.
The rich and nutrition filled fruitcake ingredients makes it’s tasty so none of your family member, friend, or relative can deny eating one more piece of tradition fruitcake.
There are many people who like to follow rum easy fruitcake recipe because rum gives a distinctive sweet and sour taste adding the richness of fruitcake. You can add as you like to have a specific quantity of rum, but it’s important to follow the exact recipe.
2. Set of 3 Instant Pot Accessories
It is important to bake a cake on a certain temperature between 275 to 325 F (135 to 165 degrees C). The reason is fruits in it which release liquid during the baking process so it is necessary to follow each step accurately and attentively for better results.
This is the best and easy fruitcake recipe.
Fruit Cake Ingredients
- Warm milk: 4tbsp
- Fast-action dried yeast: 2 x 7
- Caster Sugar: 100g
- Butter: 250 g soften it
- Eggs: 5 medium-sized eggs
- beat it lightly
- Vanilla extract: 2 Tsp
- Lemon zest: 1 lemon
- Orange zest: 1 Orange
- White bread flour: 500g
- Raisins: 80g
- Sultanas: 80g
- Dark Rum: 3 tbsp
- Lemon and orange peel: 100g
Ingredients for Topping – easy fruitcake recipe
- Almond: 30 whole blanched
- Caster sugar: 1 tbsp
- Egg white: 1 tbsp
- Icing sugar: 1 tbsp
Method of Baking Cake
- Warm the milk and shift it in a bowl.
- Add yeast and 1tsp of sugar – leave it for few minutes
- Take a separate bowl and put remaining butter, sugar, and vanilla extract and beat it to turns it into a creamy form.
- Stir lemon and orange zest into the mixture.
- Now break the eggs one by one in a separate bowl and mix it into the mixture. Don’t mix all the eggs in one turn.
- Take a separate bowl to mix the flour. Place flour and pinch of salt.
- Add eggs mixture in it and mix it well by folding with a large spoon.
- Add yeast mixture and again fold it.
- Mix the batter for five minutes until it turns in the good sticky dough.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead it for ten minutes to make it more soft and stretchy.
- Place it in a greased bowl and leave it for 2 hours to double the size.
- Mix raisins, sultanas, and rum in a small saucepan and cook it on a slow flame. Cook it so raisins absorb all the rum and become a sticky mixture. Place it on a side to set and reduce its temperature.
- Wait for the dough to rise.
- knead the dough again with raisins mixture for five minutes
- Prepare the tin by greasing it with butter. Wrap the sides of the tin with a layer of baking parchment
- Shape the dough into a ball and place it gently in the tin.
- Now place it for one hour
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan 160C/gas and place the mixture for 40-50 minutes
- Leave the cake to cool for ten minutes and prepare the topping
- Mix blanched almonds, caster sugar, and egg white and made a creamy topping.
- Put all the cream topping mixtures and shape it with a spoon.
- Serve the cake warm with your favorite coffee or warm tea.
I am sure that with this rum easy fruitcake recipe you will face no difficulty in the baking cake so enjoy baking and tasty cakes. You can share this recipe with any of your friend who is looking for the easy fruitcake recipe and he/she is struggling with baking steps.